Senior IT Manager • Team Manager • Strategic Planning • Project Manager • User Training
- Hands-on director with a wide range of technical and customer service skills. Manage the planning, design, selection, use, and administration of communication and information technologies.
- Over ten years setting up and providing support for live webinars and video calls with internal and external customers, often practicing and recommending changes before meetings or troubleshoot issues in the moment. Platforms include Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams, WebEx, GoToMeeting, etc.
- Excellent track record of leading and mentoring teams. Give clear expectations, empower and motivate team members with goals and feedback. Always flexible and ready to change direction.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
TCS World Travel, Seattle, WA. 11/2019 to current
- Provide consultative services to Product Management and Customer Delivery team regarding Salesforce.com configuration options and level of effort for requested changes.
- Serve as technical expert on Salesforce projects with direct involvement and/or oversight of specifications, process flows, application design, application configuration and testing.
- Configure new and existing Salesforce.com features including user management, security, custom objects, page layouts, validations, workflows, flows, process builders, and other 3rd party applications.
- Design and execute solutions for common challenges such as data mapping, object modeling, page layout design, and workflow rules within the context of the Salesforce platform.
- Manage deployment of work items including validation and smoke testing.
- Manage user configuration, roles, profiles, and permission sets.
- Manage support requests and escalated administrative needs of users.
- Provide day-to-day end user support and assist users to troubleshoot issues and increase their knowledge of Salesforce.
- Document and evaluate issue patterns to plan and recommend process and system improvements.
- Build reports and dashboards as requested by the business as needed.
- Execute weekly operational duties in support of Salesforce, including deduplication and other data quality tasks.
Benevon, Seattle, WA. 09/2002 to 04/2019Senior Information Technology Manager. 01/2009 – 04/2019
- Stay current in new technologies, provide strategic planning, and maintain IT operations at a privately held company that has trained over 5,000 nonprofits, collectively raising over $1 billion.
- Long-and short-term IT strategic planning including infrastructure, systems, and budgets. Accountable to formulate IT initiatives and negotiate vendor relations. Research and advise C-level executives.
- Team Management responsibilities such as conduct interviews, create/report on goals, guide, monitor, and track progress, coach and motivate as needed, evaluate team and individual performance.
- Manage projects that further the company goals with requirements, timelines, and deliverables; website redesigns, rebranding, coaching videos, online curriculum, and virtualizing the company.
- Collaborate with c-level executives to implement projects and technologies, improve systems, decrease labor and increase visibility. Document and train in Salesforce, Pardot, Windows 10, Office 365, and more.
Information Technology & Facilities Supervisor. 01/2004 to 12/2008
- Hand-selected to take over management of the Information Department of up to six team members which included a systems administrator, Salesforce administrator, and data processors.
- Managed and trained five system administrators, Researched technologies/equipment, negotiate contracts, vendor/contractor relationships, budget, purchase, inventory, asset management, etc.
- Managed IT and facilities projects including moving to a new CMS. Created a marketing strategy and schedule for social media, updated the website for SEO. Rebranded company website for name change.
Systems Administrator & Facilities Manager. 09/2002 to 12/2003
- Support and account administration for up to 50 users. Provided setup, training, and support in software, equipment, and work environments. Planned for future expansion and replacement projects.
- Webmaster, newsletter manager, and database administrator. Transitioned 20,000-subscriber plain text newsletter to HTML. Designed online class using WebEx saving over $15,000 airfare annually.
- Jr. Systems Administrator/Producer at Fry, Inc.:Maintained award-winning Eddie Bauer suite of websites, provided 24/7 support for staff and farm of web and database servers.
- Computer Laboratory Assistant, ACS at Edmonds Community College: Supported users with hardware/software. Setup computers between sessions. Designed advanced Excel class, train teachers.
- Bachelor of Science in Business – Information Technology Management
Western Governors University Washington, Kent, WA, anticipated completion 06/2020
- Associate Technical Arts – Computer Information Systems
Edmonds Community College, Lynnwood, WA. 06/2000, GPA 3.82
- Salesforce Certified Administrator, Trailhead Ranger https://trailhead.com/me/dawngrant
- Salesforce Consultant, Washington Women’s Forum, Salesforce Essentials edition. 03/2019-04/2019
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Volunteer, City of Kirkland. 08/2016 – present
- Web Content Editor, Lake Washington School District, SharePoint. 07/2008 – 07/2016